We recognize that the COVID-19 virus has required all of us to be more mindful as we go through our regular activities. We are incorporating the latest guidance from the CDC and WHO on hygiene and cleaning as well as the permitted regulations as advised by our licensing authorities. Our normal health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses including COVID-19, and cover everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to the classroom and common area cleaning procedures. In addition, we will be adhering to the following:
• We have informed and will enforce that any staff member that may show symptoms of illness regardless if it falls into the parameters of COVID-19 is to remain home and not return to work. The administration will meet with the staff to discuss contact tracing to make sure that they are healthy and fit to come into work.
• All students arriving will be screened for fever. No student will be given entry beyond our common areas until he/she has been cleared and not registering a fever or showing any other symptom related to COVID-19.
• The playground will be cleaned and sanitized after each use. Playground time will mainly consist of guided physical activity and will occur once during the day.
• We will practice social distancing in relation to our contact with the parent community. Teachers will also practice social distancing in relation to not engaging with students in an affectionate physical manner such as hugging, kissing, etc. All staff will be required to wear facial masks in accordance with the Florida Policy. Students who require assistance with toileting will be assisted with the highest form of hygienic standards.
• High Touch areas will be cleaned and disinfected regularly.
• After the school operational day has ended, staff will remain on-site to clean and disinfect prior to the students returning the following day. We have hired support staff that has been maintaining the facility while our students have been away
Social Responsibility of Parents:
For all of us to maintain a secure environment as we contend with the COVID-19 outbreak, each aspect of our school community must do their part. Parents whose child may show any symptoms of illness regardless if it falls into the COVID-19 parameters are to not bring their child to school. Any parents or family members who show any signs of illness regardless if it falls into the COVID-19 and has interacted with the student are to not bring that child to school. Any parent or family member that has any sign of illness should practice social distancing and not enter the building. Parents must be mindful of our school community and we all must be vigilant and responsible to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Drop Off and Dismissal Procedure:
Upon drop off, the administration will take the temperature of each child (with a contactless thermometer) before escorting them into their classroom. No student will be given entry beyond our common areas until he/she has been cleared and not registering a fever or showing any other symptom related to COVID-19. Please note that we will only be allowing one parent and child in our lobby at a time. There will be indication markers, 6 feet apart, outside the facility. This will be effective for dismissal as well.
As per the guidelines of our licensing authorities, we will only allow 10 people in each classroom. All students will be properly socially distanced, as we have rearranged the classroom to fit this need. After a student uses a lesson, it will be marked and not be reused until it has been sanitized and disinfected.